Here we are, just days away from the New Year. Time flies when we’re having fun and drinking water, am I right? [wink]
So what’s on your mind as the year comes to a close? Did you get what you wanted out of 2012? What are you looking forward to in 2013? ‘Tis the season for New Year’s resolutions! If you’re looking for a little resolution inspiration, try this one — drink more water! We’ve said it before, and we’ll surely say it again.
Need solid reasons to increase your water intake in 2013? Check these out:
- A person can live for about a month without food, but only about a week without water.
- Water leads to increased energy levels.
- Water aids in the digestion process and prevents constipation.
- Water leads to overall greater health by flushing out wastes and bacteria that can cause disease.
- For a majority of sufferers, drinking water can significantly reduce joint and/or back pain.
There are plenty of simple ways to assure you get more water in your diet. Keep a bottle or glass of water at your desk, and sip throughout the day. Eager to grab a soda at lunch? Have some water, instead. You could save on calories AND money! If you’re feeling some hunger pangs in the afternoon, try drinking a glass of water instead of munching on snacks. It’ll help curb some of your hunger.
So what do you think? Are you up to the challenge? Here’s to a healthy and hydrated New Year!