Your clothes shouldn’t rust.
Noticing ugly rust colored streaks and spots in your sink and bathtub? Orange stains on your freshly washed clothing? If you have rusty stains showing up all over your home, you are among the millions of households suffering from high iron content in their water supply. High amounts of iron in water is the second most common water problem, next to hard water. At Culligan, we understand problem water and we have the right solution for you.
Rusty iron stains are the result of dissolved iron seeping into a water supply, whether that’s a well or an aquifer. What begins as‚ ferrous iron, which doesn’t affect the appearance of water, quickly manifests into the troublesome ferrous iron. Although water that contains ferrous iron will still come out of the tap clear and colorless, exposure to air converts it into the insoluble ferric iron that causes the water to turn orangey-brown, leaves stains on surfaces, and has a metallic odor.
If you have high amounts of iron in your water supply, it can leave its mark on anything it comes in contact with, from faucets, toilets, sinks, clothes, and appliances. A point-of-use water filter can’t protect your home from the damaging effects of iron, but a whole house filter can. A Culligan filtration system can eliminate the problem even before the water reaches any of your taps.
Benefits of a Whole Home Water Filtration System
- Protects against and prevents the build up of iron in plumbing.
- Stops the appearance of rusty iron stains found on laundry, appliances, plumbing fixtures, sinks, bathtubs and toilets.
- Eliminates the ugly orange tinge of iron that, when combined with tannin in coffee, tea and alcoholic beverages, can cause them to look gray and murky.
- Removes the bitter, metallic smell and taste associated with iron.
- Eliminates the reddish brown residue found on dishes, glasses, and silverware.
- Provides your family with clean, clear, better tasting water.
- Eliminates iron residue buildup in plumbing and appliances, decreasing the need for repairs.
- Saves you money by increasing the lifespan of plumbing.
- Keeps water heaters, dishwashers, and washing machines running more efficiently.