We can rattle of several reasons why you should have a water softener. Soft water provides so many benefits! Cleaner sinks and faucets, softer, brighter laundry, smoother skin… to name a few!
But what is soft water? It’s a valid question. We certainly talk a lot about it around here. To put it simply, soft water is water that contains few or no dissolved minerals, such as calcium, magnesium, iron and manganese. The technology behind it is a bit more technical:
Water softening involves a process called “ion exchange” to remove the dissolved minerals that can’t be trapped by a standard filter. Softeners use fresh resin beads with sodium ions attached to the resin. As water enters the tank, dissolved calcium and magnesium are attracted to the resin. The resin “exchanges” the sodium for the dissolved chemicals and the water is then rid of these impurities.
Did you get all that?
Thankfully, your Culligan Man can recommend just what type of soft water system you need to address your hard water problems to prevent water stains and other water treatment issues. A water softener will remove the harsh minerals found in hard water, and leave you with softer, mineral-free water that’s much easier and gentler on everything that uses water.
Not convinced yet? Take a look at all the benefits!
With soft water, you’ll see a difference all over the house:
- Cleaner sinks, and faucets with less crusty scale buildup.
- Less soap scum and stains in tubs, showers and shower doors.
- Brighter, cleaner clothes.
- Softer laundry, linens and towels.
- Cleaner, smoother skin and hair.
- New rust and dirty hard water stains are virtually eliminated.
- Reduced hard water buildup in your dishwater, hot water tank, and tankless water heater. This makes cleaning your home easier because you won’t need as many harsh chemical cleaners.
Soft water is also better for your appliances and plumbing:
- Appliances work more efficiently and last longer.
- Pipes are clearer with less corrosive elements and scale buildup.
- Appliances need less detergent and soap, which helps you save money and is better for the environment.