You probably wouldn’t be too enticed by a glass of water that smelled of chlorine or rotten eggs. Trust us, we wouldn’t either. But did you know that before water enters your home it can pick up odor-causing contaminants from the well, or from the miles of underground utility pipes or even the water source itself?
Many municipalities add chlorine to offset problems caused by these contaminants. Bad tasting, smelly water can have many causes, sometimes requiring more than one solution. Lucky for you, your local Culligan Man is equipped to solve your water woes. If you have water woes, of course. Contaminants may not be in your water, but if you notice any of these common water odor problems at home, give us a call:
- Rotten egg odor can be caused by hydrogen sulphide in the soil near your well
- Musty, earthy or wood smell can be caused by dissolved solids
- Chlorine smell, objectionable to some, can be caused by municipal additives
- Detergent odor and water that foams can be due to seepage from septic tanks into your ground water well
- Chemical smells and tastes can be due to high iron content or chemicals seeping into your water supply, such as industrial chemicals or pesticides
Thankfully, there are several ways you can get rid of bad smelling water. A Culligan® Whole House System provides filtered water at every tap in your home or office. A Culligan® Sulfur-Cleer™ Filter can remove the “rotten-egg” odor caused hydrogen sulfide in your water. Both options filter water where it enters the home and can have positive effects throughout your home: improving your skin and hair, pipe condition, appliance longevity, and the look of everything else you wash and wear.
Don’t put up with smelly water. Call your Culligan Man.