You already know the symptoms of hard water.
Does your household suffer from scummy, soapy film on dishes, bathroom and kitchen fixtures, appliances, clothes, and, well, everything that comes in contact with your tap water? You no doubt have hard water, the most common water problem. You share that problem with 85% of all American homes. Culligan knows hard water stains and how to get rid of them.
Hardness in water is caused by hard minerals, like calcium and magnesium, that are found in all natural water sources. As the amount of hard minerals seeping into a water supply varies, so does the level of hardness in individual municipalities and homes. If you live in an area where the surrounding soil is high in hard mineral content, you understand how frustrating it can be to find alternative drinking water options or to get anything clean in your house ‚ unless you have a water softener.
The only way to eliminate hard water throughout your home is to install a whole home water softening system.
Benefits of a Water Softener
- Eliminates the formation of soap buildup on glassware, dishes, clothes, skin and hair.
- Eliminates soap curd, which can house harmful bacteria.
- Safer and healthier for your family.
- Gets rid of scale buildup in pipes, faucets, water heaters, and water-using appliances.
- Increases the lifespan of plumbing and appliances, saving you money on repairs.
- Enables soap to lather better, and therefore decreases soap consumption.
- Reduces the amount of soap you need and saves you money on cleaning solutions and detergents.
- Improves the appearance of hair and skin, making you look younger and healthier.
- Leaves clothes feeling softer and fluffier.
- Eliminates the ugly appearance of soap scum in bathtubs and sinks.